Welcome Ministry of Education Science and Technology website
The ministry's mandate includes Science Technology Innovation (STI) Policy, Research development, research authorization and coordination of Technical Education (TE). The ministry currently operates with three technical directorates and one SAGA; namely; Directorate of Research Development (DRD), Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Directorate of Higher Education (DHE) and the National Council for Science and Technology (NCST). Policy priorities include:
- Strengthening the National STI standing and its competitiveness
- Improving the quality, relevance, equity and access to higher education and technical training
- Promoting evidence based policy making and national development
- Encourage private sector participation in STI and technical education
- Enhancing capacity of the national STI system towards demand driven
- STI, quality higher education and technical education services and
- Effective use of existing talents and facilities
- Promoting excellence, creativity, innovation and investment in STI, higher education and technical education
- Our Vision: "To be a regional leader in the sustainable management and development of water resources"
- Our Mission: To facilitate sustainable management and development of water resources for national development.
- Our Mandate: Our Mandate is formulation, review and implementation of policy on the water sector, the Irrigation and Drainage sector and in the reclamation of degraded lands for sustainable development of our Nation.