- Principal Secretaries Ministry of Education Sience and Technology Colleta Suda (2nd left) Dr Belio Kipsang (2nd right) Teachers service Commission Secretary Gabriel Legoibon ( right) and a senior education officer (right) consult ( Center) for Mathematics Science and Technology in Africa institute Nairobi during a Taskforce on Secondary School fees adjustments on 7th July 2014.
- Principal Secretaries Ministry of Education Science and Technology Colleta Suda and Dr Belio Kipsang consults with Director Secondary schools Me Robert Masese during a release of taskfoce on Secondary School fees at Center for Mathematics Science and Technology in Africa Nairobi on 7th July 2014.
- Members of Special board of Adult and Continuing Education taking notes during the launch of the board on15th July at Jogoo House.
- Dr. Martial Ikounga, African union Commissioner for Human Resources, Science and Technology (Left) with Cabinet Secretary Prof Jacob Kaimenyi signs Memorandum of Understanding between Centre for Mathematics, Science and Technology Education in Africa (CEMASTEA) and African Union to implement continental education programme at Education Jogoo House Offices in Nairobi on Tuesday, July 8, 2014.
- Kenya Leads Africa with 2% of GDP for Research and Development
Funding provided in the Science, Technology and Innovation Act
By Otieno Owino( ScienceAfrica Reporter)
Kenya already leads Africa with its allocation ...
- Sh400 million allocated for pupils' sanitary towels
MONDAY, JULY 21, 2014 - 00:00 -- BY KURGAT MARINDANY
Education CS Jacob Kaimenyi, governor David Nkedianye and Peris Tobiko during the Kajiado ...
- The School Syllabus Is Not Exams Oriented
Education stakeholders have expressed their expectations that the curriculum to be created in the reform process the government is about to initiate ...
- Harmonise the standards used to appoint and promote academic staff in public and private universities
Council for University Education (CUE) has been asked to urgently harmonise the standards used to appoint and promote academic staff in all public ...
- Professor Kaimenyi Forms Team to Review Fees
The Cabinet Secretary for Education Jacob Kaimenyi has formed a taskforce to review secondary school fees following concerns of unnecessary increment ...
- Professor Kaimenyi links drop in KCPE exam score to teachers’ strike
Less than half of the candidates who sat last year’s Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examination attained the mean score of 250 ...
- Professor Kaimenyi Warns School Heads on Holiday Tuition
The Cabinet Secretary of Education, Prof. Jacob Kaimenyi has reminded heads of Primary and Secondary schools that conducting tuition outside the ...
Professor Collette A Suda was appointed Principal Secretary, State Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology in May 2013. Previously, she was the Secretary, Gender and Social Development, Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Development from 2007 to 2012.
She was promoted to full Professor of Sociology, University of Nairobi in 2002. She was Director, Board of Common Undergraduate Studies from 2002 to 2007 and Director, Institute of African studies, University of Nairobi from 1999 to 2002.
She delivered her inaugural lecture titled “Formal Monogamy and Informal Polygamy African family tradition in transition” at the University of Nairobi on 4th October 2002.
Professor Suda studied at the University of Nairobi for her undergraduate; University of Missouri, Columbus for her post graduate degrees and her doctoral degree in Rural Sociology. She is a Fellow of Kenya National Academy of Science. (FKNAS)
She has been honored with an award of the Order of the Burning Spear (EBS)